Sunday, July 27, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Comic-Con Saturday - Longest Line Ever
It did switchbacks all the way through the park on the south end of the convention center and then turned the corner around to the marina side. It continued all the way north past the Marriot to the hotel just north of the Marriot.
I'm guessing that I will not see the "Heroes" panel and probably not the "Lost" panel either. If patient, pehaps the "Terminator" panel is in my future.
If I thought the line wasn't relatively the same length. I might try to go see Tori Amos or the "Battlestar Galactica" panel.
Friday, July 25, 2008
F U C K I N G AWESOME TRON TEASER!!!
Lightcycle battle. No more right angle turns. All fluid and bangin' into each other. Driving over terrain, up and down hills, jumping and then a terrific crash.. Plus an appearance by an older, grizzled Flynn watching the whole thing. Finally, the winning lightcyclist grabs the disc off his back to finish off the loser.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Comic-Con, Thursday... so far
- Wandered about 1/3 of the exhibit hall.
- Lots of cool plush toys.
- Apparently, the video game guys have gotten smart & moved away from
E3 to Comic-Con.
- Some good costumes.
- Sat in on most of the panel for the "Greatest American Hero" comic
book & animated web series. William Katt, Connie Selleca, Robert Culp
- Best swag seen so far: Yellow "Pineapple Express" terry-clothe headband.
- Best booth: Dharma Initiative personality screening & recruitment booth.
Now waiting for the "Race to Witch Mountain" panel where I have it on
good authority that Disney will screen a trailer for a remake/sequel
to a videogame movie from the early 80s. At least that's the rumor
- Best booth: the Clairvoyant Sleeping Cat that's telling fortunes in the Adult Swim booth.