DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Attack Cat: Dear London,

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Dear London,

FREESTYLE_-_London_-_Tube

[I started to write something about the bombings in London this morning. Writing about how I felt about it seemed a bit trite, a bit selfish, a bit hollow. Instead, this is what I have to say.]


Dear London,

Remember me? I know we haven't been in touch for a long time. I heard that you're going through a tough time right now. Well, even though we've lost touch over the years, I'm hear to tell you that I'm thinking about you.

Also know that I've got your back. Not just me... actually, we've all got your back. Whatever you need, we'll all be there for you.

These amateurs who did this to you today? Fuck 'em. They're fucking pussies. They might catch you off balance with a sucker punch, but there's no way they're going to knock you out. They wouldn't stand a chance in a real fight.

Don't forget, you're one tough cookie. You survived the Nazi Blitz. You survived the IRA. These punks today are a fucking joke.

Again, let us know what you need. We've got your back.

Yours truly,
Rob

UndergroundMap_crop

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Attaboy, Rob. -NO! make that two "ATTABOYS!" It's holy war against the "Unholysh-ts"!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Thanks for reading and thanks for the comment. I will respond with this: I'm not a fan of the phrase "holy war." I think it's an excuse. A way to dress up and justify war, which in most cases cannot be justified. The "evil doers" use terms like "holy war" to make it seem like what they're doing is righteous and approved by God, when in reality they're just a bunch of pissed off losers acting out because they're unhappy with their lot in life. The shitty thing is that now the we, the U.S., are becoming the thing that's pissing them off, thus breeding more pissed of losers who won't mind strapping on a C4 vest and taking a ride on the A Train. I could go on all day about this, but I won't. Neither God, religion, faith, ethnicity, property nor just about anything else can justify war or the killing of innocents. The problem is, not everyone has the same definition of "war" or "innocents."

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home